HISTORY OF KREIDER FAMILY FROM THE PEN OF REV. J.G. FRANCIS

(Continued from Thursday.)

They have preaching every two weeks at Fairland, at Harrisburg and at Hummelstown, and at these three places have Sunday school ever Sunday. They preach every sixth week at Deodate and every eighth week at Eplers and Campbelltown. We failed to get the appointment at Palmyra.

Midweek and Sunday evening services are held in the different fields in the homes of the members. In like manner Bible study meetings are held. At Fairland and Harrisburg there are Young People's meetings.

Now this is the church machinery throbbing with divine energy, over which Bishop Henry Kreider, of Campbelltown, presides, from whom we received our information.

We have now completed the records of Daniel Kreider of Fairland, son of Christian of the same place, son of Michael, son of John who settled on Snitz Creek at the western end of "The Kreider Settlement," son, according to Hon. A. S. Kreider, of Martin the immigrant, who was a squatter in the Lebanon county before the Penns bought from the Indians. Daniel was the second son of Christian of Fairland, but we have given his record first because we had it better in hand. Now we turn to Michael the oldest son.

MICHAEL, SON OF CHRISTIAN OF FAIRLAND

Michael Kreider, son of Christian of Fairland, was born August 8, 1805, his funeral text as kept by his son, John S., was 1 John 3:2. He was married May 11, 1828, by Rev. Graft, to Sarah Longenecker, b. Dec. 12, 1808; d. June 6, 1854. She at her own request is buried in the Kreider burial plot north of Cleona. He later married Louisa Walter, nee Eisenhauer. He and his second wife, by whom he had no children, are buried at Kimmerling's. His residence at Avon led to his buying a burial plot at Kimmerling's.

As stated, Michael received from his father 9 1/2 acres of land south of the pike at Fairland, which served as a nucleus from which he built up a 150-acre farm, now the Henry farm. He lived on this farm till the death of his first wife, then rented it for ten years to Stoever, after which he sold it to Fishburn, from whose estate Christian Henry bought it. Michael then lived at Ninth and Walnut streets, Lebanon, later owned and occupied the property opposite the Avon Inn. He then bought and occupied the Felix Light farm at Avon, now the Nutting farm. He bought and sold farms. As we have seen, he was once the owner of the farm east of Schaefferstown, now the home of Elder Henry Kreider, and was doubtless instrumental in placing

---